YOU NAILED IT
You paid enough for your space, put every inch of it to work. Address the vertical, use that unused and often neglected wall space between the floor and the ceiling. In other words, express yourself!
“If a house is made of walls and beams;” and “a home is built with love and dreams”, why do so many well-loved and well-intentioned projects become nightmares? Does this sound familiar, “I did it my way and my dream became a nightmare?”
Could be, you haven’t “NAILED IT”. Think of it this way, if home is a shelter from storms, the walls are the guardians of grace. As a designer, an unfinished, neglected blank wall is a sad and unnecessary thing.
There are many reasons to access the vertical space in your room. Below are just a few.
1) Art is fundamental to defining who you are. It makes your space your own. Where else can you show off the things that bring you joy. Nail ‘em up!
2) Art will take your room to the next level. Are you ready for the ride? Are you ready to step up and create a space that really pleases the spirit and the soul and at the same time tells all of those who visit how truly savvy and awesome you are? Visitors probably won’t consciously realize the true greatness of your space, they will only bask in the glory of your goodness and think, how did she do that?
3) Art shakes up the interior. It can turn the wall where the beautiful sofa, that usually seems to cost more than it should, sits, into a masterpiece, a symphony. How often have you placed a beautiful sofa in your room only to have it melt into the wall? Art and wall hangings can make your place sing with glory. Without a focal point the room can become bland, banal, and just plan boring, no matter how much you spend on the furniture.
What are the art rules? That is just the point, there are only a couple and they are S I M P L E.
1) Do not hang your art or any wall hanging so high that it loses all relevance to the room. (12-18 inches above something is the general rule)
2) Do not spread it art out. If you only have a couple of pieces they will not fill the room no matter how far apart you place them. Remember, there is safety in numbers. Keep ‘em together and keep ‘em strong.
Above all have fun. If you love it use it. If you fall out of love or grow beyond it, we all know this can happen, remove it, sell it, or share it with someone.
This is your space, express yourself!